Friday, April 20, 2007

Gordon Ferreira's "Letters From the Edge of the World"



" Dear friends:
As I start to write you this letter, I am happy to inform you that I'm alive and healthy in a Hotel, near a river, in a street which name i can't pronounce. Everything started earlier this day at my castle. The sun had not yet rose and the air was cold as snow. A man in his fourties picked me up in his dark blue Volks-brand wagon and took me to a place in the valley where they searched and metal-detected me. Following this, they transported me
together with other helpless people into a huge object, which, on the cause of it's peculiarities, i will from now on refer to as "huge-winged-elephant".
Shortly after, I felt my body slightly pressed into my seat. Questioning myself about what was happening, I peeked through a small opening in the animal's skin and I noticed that we were hovering above the clowds. I was trying to understand this strange phenomena when, heading my way, coming out from god-knows-where, a beautiful, golden haired princess, wearing a majestic dress where you could read "Lufthansa", offered me food wrapped inside silver sheets. It was too late when I realized i had been victim of poisoning! My intestine was starting to dance when all of a sudden, the animal started to speak in a foreign language. I was frightened and wished to disapear. I closed my eyes, and as if my thoughts were sent to God, I felt the animal's landing on steady soil. I got out. Imagine, my friends, the horror which met my eyes: I was not in the same place! Are you confused? Let me explain: What seemed to have happened was that, when the animal lifted itself above the clowds (with me inside) the land moved a reasonable distance away.
Doing my initial reconaiscence I sighted an immense fortress. Signs all over indicated I was in Lord Frankfurt's lands..."

Out on the stores today, the new Gordon Ferreira's book edited by the nice chaps at Flamant Press.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

...poisoning?

10:38 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.

6:58 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home